Packages available for Residential Design, Commercial Design, Hospitality Interior Design, and Health Care
Design Scapes always works with your best interest in mind by solving your design challenges, and prefers not to work by profiting from selling products, which can undoubtedly “limit creativity”. That is why Design Scapes has chosen to work and design at an agreed upon hourly rate, or a flat rate for the whole job! A significant amount of time goes into accomplishing a good design. The following is a breakdown of the process for designing kitchens, bathrooms, home offices, entertainment centers, bars, laundry rooms and fireplaces. This design menu can be customized and combined to create a Design Package for each area that suits your needs by selecting the help you need with your design process or choosing a whole design package for a flat rate:
*Hours are approximate depending on project size and scope.
Example of a Residential Design Package
- Consultation: from 1 to 4 hours *
- determining what the client wants, needs, and how much they can spend
- Plan Review: 1-5 hours *
- Reviewing architectural plans for efficiency and added design elements, or adjustments to cater to ADA, seniors, children or special needs.
- Shopping for kitchen appliances: 4 – 8 hours *
- making the client aware of what’s available in the marketplace
- Reviewing or Creating the rough flow plan: 1 to 8 hours *
- showing the client where the appliances go and what the traffic patterns will be for efficiency
- Shopping for cabinetry: 1 to 10 hours *
- taking the client to various showrooms or custom cabinet shops that supply cabinetry within the budget
- Layout, wall elevations: 1 to 10 hours *
- illustrating for the client on paper just how the kitchen will look on a hand drawn floor plan and wall elevations to scale.
- Storage review: 2 to 6 hours *
- planning with the client what goes into every drawer and cabinet and what special cabinetry is needed
- Shopping for countertops flooring or shower/tub surrounds: 2 to 16 hours *
- taking the client to various showrooms that carry countertop and flooring material within the budget Granite, slate, custom wood tops, marble, tile, solid surface, laminate, stainless steel/copper, concrete, glass and recycled materials are available.
- Reviewing lighting, electrical and mechanical plans: 1 to 8 hours *
- Locating optional outlet and plumbing locations and requirements
- Reviewing bids from fabricators and contractors: 2 to 8 hours *
- Following through on complete job oversight and completion: 20 to 60 hours *
- Review Construction already in progress visit: 3 to 5 hours *
- Plumbing fixtures & Decorative Hardware: 2-15 hours *
- Choose from the wide variety of Sinks and Faucets, door and drawer hardware
- Tile /Stone Layouts: 2 to 10 hours *
- Create tile and stone designs; calculate the materials needed or design templates for special back splashes, floor designs, wall designs, and stove/hood designs
- Custom Shower Enclosures/Tub surrounds: 2-15 hours *
- oversee the templating of slab counter tops, walls, custom glass enclosures, cast, etched, leaded, or stained glass designs.
- Wall Color Coordination: 1-5 hours *
- Coordinate design elements with paint, plaster, wallpaper, stenciling, murals and faux finishes to smooth transitions and provide cohesiveness.
- Lighting Design: 5-15 hours *
- Creating an ambiance by layering ambient, task and accent lighting to meet your lighting needs. Designing lighting overlay diagrams, outlets and switching.
- Window Treatments: Free estimates !!!
- Provide measuring and quote for hard window coverings at no charge to client, fabrication and set up installation of custom window coverings to provide energy efficiency, glare and privacy control while pulling together the style of your interior.
- Furnishing or Accessories: 5 -10 hours, designed only by the hour.
- Shop furniture and/or custom fabrics for dining room chairs and bar stools, artwork, and area rugs to provide finishing touches.
- Residential Living areas and bedrooms: designed only by the hour.